Tuesday 22 December 2009

My Rib-Cage Is A Tree Bark - Carve Your Name In

Revisiting

fury sparkling gesture

sparked

like zippos

at each others flint

I listen to the song

you were playing

whilst I

was soggy

tissue

tits

a punchline

a good’un

flowers trawling

through my ears

she was saying the perfect

words

she was picking

at my breath

she was picking

at my breasts

you melded

yourself to my flesh

and in the morning

I was nothing but bone

nothing but bone

nothing but bone

nothing but bone

quenched

and glistening

and over

and done

and never

and not now

and screwed

and blank

and over

and done

and never

never

never


to the bone.


A sad bone. A brain

bone

a xylophone-bone

one-chord

monotony

that’s me babe

I only have one song

and you

haven’t got the voice

or the bang-bang

stick

equipped

to partake

in it

do yer?

I run through my own scales

my sacred scales

my lettuce heart

my curling veg

my liner notes

my context

my contest song

my rotten

my gloating

my do-ray-me-so-la-di-dah-don’t-dee-go-though

my standard

my wretching

flexed

plexus

breaking

song

over

never

not now

no no no no no no no no


I don’t stop

when you stop

I stop

when the mechanics break

No comments: