Wednesday 23 December 2009

You Join The Army, I'll Join The Circus

I call them my bunnies.

Pick em like flowers

twist pull sever gum


It started with these dreams

I had when I first met yer

I was all gum

my teeth would fall

out each time I looked at you

one

at

a

time

had a mouth of stumps

de-forestation

you wouldn’t kiss

a mouth like that

would settle

for the odd

blow-

job

though


but like I said - dreams

merely

that


They’re my ivory vows to you

little unworn

wedding dresses

I take what I can to them

little pearls! Jaw-oyster

gory pac-man

-screw-drivers

-pliers

-hammers

-trophies

-hairbrushes

I like to work

on individual

teeth

and deconstruct

them till they’re gone


There’s easier

ways I know

more gradual

less harrowing

The simple

approach would be to just eat

chocolate and sugar

cubes everyday

without hygiene

till they rotted

and cramped

their way out

but I’m too impulsive

for that

impatient

desperate


They’re my vows to you

these bloodied

stumps

don’t want no-one

else

don’t want no other man

to even look

at me

unconditionally

that’s how you should love

me regardless of my fucked

up face


I do it on stage

I’m an attraction

now

everyone applauds

their hands batter

loudly

a set of hungry jaws

clamping

round

grotesque


write back soon

come

back

to me


soon

I’m saving

them all for you

No comments: